Data protection compliance
Our stringent Data Protection procedures ensure that all personal data is treated with the strictest confidence. We adhere to all relevant laws and regulations:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- The Computer Misuse Act 1990
- The Copyright Designs & Patents Act 1998
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- The Lawful Business Practice Regulations
Tracesmart has built its multi-source consumer universe from fully Data Protection compliant databases available in the public domain. We adhere strictly to the 8 Data Protection principles that require that personal data, including sensitive data, to:
- be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met;
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose;
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes;
- be accurate and kept up-to-date;
- not be kept for longer than is necessary (N.B. retention of data for historical or statistical research is allowed under Section 33 of the Act);
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights;
- be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction;
- not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
Data protection registration
Our Data Protection Registration number is Z708281X. You can authenticate on the Data Protection Public Register.
Office of fair trading
We are registered with the Office of Fair Trading under consumer credit licence 565961 for the business of a credit reference agency.
Tracesmart operate a stringent Data Security policy, a copy of which is available upon request.
Code of practice policy
Tracesmart adhere to numerous code of practices set up by various professional membership organisations.
Copies are available upon request and our compliance is assured by way of regular audit and annual declarations.
- British Bankers’ Association
- Consumer Credit Trade Association
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Credit Services Association
- Debt Buyers & Sellers Group
- Direct Marketing Association
- Institute of Credit Management
- Interactive Media in Retail Group
- National Association of Pension Funds
- Safebuy Registered & Assured