Privacy and Cookies Policy
In this privacy and cookies policy references to "we", "us" and "our" are to Tracesmart Ltd. References to "our Website" or "the Website" are to www.tracesmartcorporate.co.uk. What information we collect and how:
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and functionality, and your general internet usage, by using Cookies. These are files that contain information that is transferred to and stored on your computer or mobile device. Cookies enable us to operate our Website effectively and deliver a better and more personalised service to our Users. Our Cookies are not used to collect personally identifiable information about you.
Types of Cookies
We categorise below the types of Cookies that we use, together with a brief description of what they are used for. This list is not exhaustive:
Strictly necessary Cookies are essential to enable you to receive a Service on our Website. This includes for example, Cookies enabling you to log into the Website so that we can authenticate your access to your Account and purchase Services and so as to comply with the law (e.g. to help keep your visit to the Website secure). They also enable us to provide help facilities such as "Live Chat". We would not be able to operate our Website without using such strictly necessary Cookies.
Functionality Cookies allow the Website to store information about your preferences when you return, so as to allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests. They also allow us to note your browser’s capabilities so that everyone’s browsing is as responsive as possible and by measuring any errors that occur so that they can be resolved swiftly.
Performance Cookies collect information about how you may use our Website, for instance to estimate our audience size and usage pattern. This includes website analytics Cookies such as those provided by Google.com.
Social Network Sharing
Where you elect to share online content through social networks like Facebook and Twitter, these Companies may set third party Cookies on your device. Some parts of our Website may also use AddThis to provide sharing features. Their Privacy Policies can be accessed as follows:
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Record removal request
If you simply require your record to be removed from our database, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the appropriate forms will be e-mailed to you. We will consider all removal requests and no fee is payable. Alternatively, you can request the record removal forms by writing to us at the following address:
Data Protection Compliance Officer
Subject access request
If you wish to establish whether your personal details are contained within our database, you may process a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 by writing to the following address:
Data Protection Compliance Officer
An administration fee of £10.00 per person is required to process a request. Please enclose payment with your request, cheques to be made payable to Tracesmart Ltd.