Mortality screening is a key component within our data cleansing process. Playing a role in both “Know Your Customer” checks and direct marketing activities, mortality screening is employed in many industries.
The process of deceased screening has several applications. Some companies utilise mortality screening as part of a data cleansing exercise; mortality screening their consumer database or as part of their identity checks procedure.
- Impersonation of the Deceased (IOD) fraud is now one of the fastest growing identity fraud types in the UK; utilising mortality screening as part of the identity check process can highlight potential fraudulent activity.
- The complaint most commonly received by the information commissioner is from distressed relatives who have received mail intended for a deceased loved one. Mortality screening mailing lists helps to avoid incorrect and inappropriate mailings.
- Over £200m is paid out to deceased pensioners annually; mortality screening scheme databases can identify potential overpayments.
Mortality screening solutions
Tracesmart Corporate possess one of the most advanced mortality screening services that can be utilised for combating identity theft and impersonation of the deceased fraud. We were the first UK company to be approved to receive the weekly supply of death registration information (DRI) from the General Register Office (GRO), and as such employ this and Millennium’s Halo dataset – which contains over 6 million fully verified deceased records – in our fraud protection services.
Tracesmart Corporate offers mortality screening for deceased suppression purposes via Mortascreen, a dataset containing the names and addresses of millions of deceased individuals.
Deceased suppression is established best practice for conducting successful direct marketing activities as mortality screening mailing lists helps:
- ensure data accuracy prior to attempting consumer contact (thus maximising potential ROI)
- protect corporate/brand image – mortality screening mailing lists demonstrates a commitment to ethical marketing
To find out more about our mortality screening services, for either our data cleansing or identity check tools, please contact us today.